How to connect

With the completion of the construction works of an area, the Pafos Sewerage Board publishes the Connection Notification of this area (by road) in the Official Gazette of the Republic.

According to the Current Legislation (Law on Sewerage Systems and Amending Laws 1971-2018), any owner or possessor of premises used for human living, occupation, trade, craft, employment for leisure or other purposes and located on the streets or areas referred to in a Notice of Connection published in the Official Gazette and other newspapers must within six months, as stated in the Notice, apply to obtain a permit for the construction of the private building sewer. He then has to build the private sewer at his own expense based on the approved plans and the terms of the permit and then secure the written consent of the Council. Finally it will have to connect the private sewer to the public sewer.

The owner or possessor of a facility must channel all the wastewater of his facility into the public sewer and for his own safety is required to fill with appropriate materials and in a way that satisfies the Board any septic tanks, absorption pits or similar private facilities wastewater disposal.

In order for the owner or possessor of an establishment to obtain the Permit for the construction or reconstruction or conversion, additions or repairs of their private sewer, they must submit the relevant application electronically to the Pafos Sewerage Board.

The Pafos Sewerage Board has established the following procedure that must be followed by the owners / holders of premises to connect their premises to the public sewer system. The whole process of submitting applications is done only electronically through the website of Pafos Sewerage Board and is as follows:


Before any planning, it should be requested from the Pafos Sewerage Board the indication of the connection point (FORM 1). When this is ensured, submit the application for a Construction Permit (point 2).


Prior to any construction work of the private system, an APPLICATION FOR A CONSTRUCTION PERMIT must be submitted to secure the relevant permit. The application is submitted signed by all owners / holders of the premises, together with FORM 1 (completed as point 1 above), the receipt of payment of the relevant fee as calculated in FORM 2 and with all the required information (FORM 3). The required data should be sent separately in PDF format. Payment of fees is made through a link to jcc smart which will be sent to you after submitting the application.


Once the Construction Permit has been secured, the validity period of which is one (1) year, the applicant can proceed with the construction of the private system under the supervision of his Engineer, who will complete it properly and will send the FORM 4 (Project Completion Certificate to Pafos Sewerage Board). Then the Pafos Sewerage Board will issue and send electronically the Association Consent (Green Card) with which the Board allows the applicant to connect his private system to the public sewer system. When submitting Form 4, the Construction Permit must be in force, otherwise it is required to be preceded by a renewal whose cost is € 17.00.

With the issuance of the Connection Consent (Green Card), the process of connecting the premises with the Public Sewerage System is completed.

Click here for applicatons and  forms

In case the owner of a plot wishes for any reason the construction of a new connection point or other related work (expansion, dredging, change of diameter) on the existing Public Sewerage he must fill in the relevant form (Application for home connection construction).

Click here for applications and forms

– Grease traps are mandatory for the drainage of kitchens of restaurants, patisseries, bakeries, etc.

– Must be constructed in an accessible area for cleaning and inspection purposes.

– Grease traps must be watertight and mechanical and protected against corrosion. It will be audited by the Council before the Consensus is issued.

– Grease traps must be manufactured and maintained by the owner or owner of the premises at his own expense.

– Disposal of wastewater from toilets, urinals, baths, showers, inorganic oils (engine oil) or anything other than kitchen sewage is prohibited.

– The Grease trap must be ventilated.

– Pipes to and from the grease trap must have a minimum slope of 2%.

They must be of a type and capacity approved by the Council and always maintained in continuous and satisfactory operation in accordance with the plans and operating methods in accordance with sound mechanical practice.

– Cleaning (emptying, rinsing and filling with clean water) should be done every 14 days and at the latest every month, depending on its use, so that there is always room for retention of grease and solids.

– The dimensions and generally their use must be in accordance with the relevant specifications.